- Do all Visa gift cards charge a fee?
- Do prepaid cards have fees?
- Can you buy a Visa gift card online and use it right away?
- Why do Visa gift cards have fees?
- What is the best prepaid Visa card to buy?
- What is the best prepaid Visa card?
- What is the best prepaid card with no fees?
- Are there any prepaid cards with no fees?
- How much does a vanilla prepaid card cost?
- Why is my Visa gift card being declined?
- Can you buy Visa gift cards with credit?
- How much is a Visa gift card at Walmart?
- How much is a $50 Visa gift card?
- How much money can you put on Visa gift cards?
- Who has the best prepaid credit card?
- Can I get a prepaid card without a social security number?
- Can someone send me money to my netspend card?
- What’s the best debit card to get?
I’m often asked if there is any way to buy a Visa gift card without paying the activation fee or purchase charge.
The answer is no.
Though you can’t avoid paying the purchase charge entirely, there are ways to save money on Visa and other open loop gift cards.
Do all Visa gift cards charge a fee?
Do All Visa Gift Cards Have A Fee. Yes; the fee is based on the gift card’s value. Gift card values from $10.00 to $74.99 have a $2.95 fee.
Do prepaid cards have fees?
Prepaid cards are more like debit than credit. They can be an alternative to using banks. Credit isn’t required to get one, but having one doesn’t build credit, either. You won’t pay interest on prepaid cards, but there are fees.
Can you buy a Visa gift card online and use it right away?
The GiftCards.com Visa gift card is a “non-reloadable prepaid” card. Like a credit card, when you are ready to pay (or checkout online) use the Visa gift card like you would use any credit or debit card. Every time you make a purchase, that amount is automatically deducted from the card balance.
Why do Visa gift cards have fees?
Companies that sell Visa gift cards, on the other hand, are in the business of making money directly from the card itself, and because they can’t mark up the price of the gift card (like a store does with a blouse or a crockpot), they charge activation fees to cover product costs.
What is the best prepaid Visa card to buy?
Best Prepaid Debit Cards: Summed Up
|Prepaid Debit Cards||Monthly Fee|
|6||Western Union® NetSpend® Prepaid MasterCard®||$5|
|7||NetSpend® Visa® Prepaid Card||$5|
|8||Kroger REWARDS Prepaid Visa® Card||$4.95|
|9||American Express Serve®||$1|
3 more rows
What is the best prepaid Visa card?
7 Best Reloadable Credit Cards Online (2019)
- Pink Netspend® Visa® Prepaid: Best for Direct Deposit.
- Brink’s Prepaid Mastercard®: Best for Everday Use.
- NetSpend® Visa® Prepaid Card: Best for Flexibility.
- Chase Liquid® Prepaid Visa®
- BlueBird® by American Express®: Best for Budgeting.
- American Express® Serve®: Best for Onsite Shopping.
What is the best prepaid card with no fees?
Best Prepaid Debit Cards with No ATM Fees
- American Express Serve® The American Express Serve® makes it easy to withdraw money, offering $0-fee withdrawals at tens of thousands of MoneyPass® ATMs around the country.
- Chase Liquid® Prepaid Card.
- Bluebird® by American Express.
Are there any prepaid cards with no fees?
No Credit Check: Because prepaid cards do not extend credit, there is no credit check run when you apply. No Bounced Checks: Because the prepaid card acts as a debit card, there is no risk of overdrawing your account. With no bounced checks, there is no risk of paying a bounced check fee.
How much does a vanilla prepaid card cost?
Vanilla Reloads are prepaid cards you can purchase in amounts up to $500 for a fee of $3.95 each.
Why is my Visa gift card being declined?
Visa gift cards are linked to bank accounts that generally must be activated in order to receive transactions. Inactive cards will be declined if used for payment because the associated bank accounts are not ready to be used. When the gift card is loaded with value (purchased), the gift card is automatically activated.
Can you buy Visa gift cards with credit?
Visa told us it has no rules dictating how gift cards can be purchased. They said you can use a Visa or any other credit card to buy them. Save Mart said it accepts credit cards for individual retail store gift cards, but money orders are not accepted “…for any purchase of any items at check-out.”
How much is a Visa gift card at Walmart?
|$50 Walmart Visa Gift Card||$3.94|
|$100 Walmart Visa Gift Card||$5.44|
|$200 Walmart Visa Gift Card||$5.44|
|$25-$500 Walmart Visa Gift Card||$5.44 or less|
2 more rows
How much is a $50 Visa gift card?
$50 Visa Gift Card (plus $4.95 Purchase Fee)
How much money can you put on Visa gift cards?
It costs $3 to load up to $1,000, with a $1,000 load limit per card per day, and a $2,500 monthly limit per card. The trick is to use two Visa gift cards to load a total of $997 to each of these Amex prepaid cards, and the three dollar fee rounds out the purchase to an even $1,000 split between two.
Who has the best prepaid credit card?
Best Prepaid Credit Cards
|Monthly fee||Foreign transaction fee|
|PayPal Prepaid MasterCard®||$4.95||2.5%|
|Mileage Plus® GO Visa® Prepaid Card||$5.95/$85 annual||3.5%|
|Walmart MoneyCard® Visa® or MasterCard® with Cash-Back Rewards||$5.00; waived over $1,000||3%|
|RushCard Prepaid Visa®||$5.95 withDirect Deposit; $7.95 without||3%|
2 more rows
Can I get a prepaid card without a social security number?
You can get a prepaid debit card without a social security number. While it’s possible to get a prepaid card without a social security number, those with a social security number can only get “temporary” or non-reloadable prepaid cards without handing over their SSN.
Can someone send me money to my netspend card?
You can securely transfer money using FlashPay. According to the Netspend website, it is “the easiest way to send money and from your prepaid debit card account.” It does not matter if you want to send money to your friends, family members, or just between your own accounts. It does not have a minimum amount.
What’s the best debit card to get?
Best prepaid debit cards and alternatives: Summary
|Account/card||Monthly fee||# of free ATMs|
|Greenlight Prepaid Mastercard||$4.95||None|
|Movo Virtual Prepaid Visa Card||$0||6,000|
|Simple bank account||$0||55,000|
|Wells Fargo EasyPay Prepaid Card||$5||13,000|
5 more rows