Prepaid phones provide the basic services of regular cell phones.
You can make calls or even text and picture message, depending on the phone’s features, until you run out of minutes.
When that happens, you can buy more minutes immediately or within a time limit.
Which prepaid phone is the best?
Our Top Picks
- Best Overall: Metro by T-Mobile. Buy on Metropcs.com.
- Best Unlimited: Boost Mobile. Buy on Boostmobile.com.
- Best Everyday: Republic Wireless. Buy on Republicwireless.com.
- Best Basic: GoSmart Mobile.
- Best Value: Virgin Mobile USA.
- Best Individual: T-Mobile.
- Best Freedom: AT&T Prepaid.
- Best Coverage: Verizon Wireless.
What is a prepaid phone plan?
A prepaid mobile device (also commonly referred to as pay-as-you-go (PAYG), pay-as-you-talk, pay and go, go-phone or prepay) is a mobile device such as a phone for which credit is purchased in advance of service use. If there is no credit, then access is denied by the cellular network/Intelligent Network.
What is the advantage of a prepaid cell phone?
The main advantage of a prepaid cell phone is the control it offers. With a prepaid cell phone, you can talk as long and as often as you want until you run out of minutes. However, any unused minutes accumulated each month will automatically be rolled over into the next.
Do prepaid phones have Internet?
Prepaid internet is internet service that you pay for before you use it. It’s just like prepaid cell phones, except instead of paying for minutes, you (usually) pay for the amount of data you want to use.