A customer uses their credit card to buy prepaid cards at the grocery store in order to rack up gasoline perks from the store or airline miles from the credit card company (or both).
Then, the buyer takes the prepaid card to an ATM to withdraw cash.
The cash is then used to pay off the balance of the credit card.
How can I get money off of a gift card?
Here’s the fastest way to get cash for gift cards:
- Check the balance of your gift card.
- Take the gift card to a Gift Card Exchange kiosk.
- Enter the gift card information into the system.
- Review the cash back offer and decide if you want to accept it.
- Upon acceptance, print the voucher.
How do I redeem a visa gift card?
To redeem your Visa gift card, please follow the instructions below:
- Click on the ‘Redeem Now’ button, which will redirect you to the Visa gift card website.
- You will be prompted to sign in if you have used Visa prepaid cards before, or create a new account.
How can I get cash for my Amazon gift card?
Withdrawing funds from your account balance
- Go to Amazon Pay, click Shoppers, and then sign in using your Amazon credentials.
- Click Withdraw Funds.
- Choose a bank account.
- Enter the amount to transfer to your bank account.
- Click Continue.
How do Visa gift cards work?
It can be used at most places Visa® debit cards are accepted. Because it’s a prepaid card, spending is limited to the amount of money on the card. When the recipient makes a purchase with the Gift Card, the purchase amount is deducted from the card balance.