Ask for a copy of your employer’s direct deposit signup form, or download the U.S.
Bank Direct Deposit Authorization Form (PDF).
Provide your U.S.
Bank deposit account type (checking or savings), account number and routing number, and other required information.
What is a direct deposit authorization form?
A direct deposit authorization form is a document that authorizes a third (3rd) party, usually an employer for payroll, to send money to a bank account by simply using the ABA routing and account numbers. Sometimes the employer will require a voided check to ensure that the account is valid.
How do I get a direct deposit form?
How to Set Up Direct Deposit
- Get a direct deposit form from your employer or bank.
- Fill in the information, including bank routing number and your checking account number.
- Confirm deposit amount, such as 100% in one account or splitting deposits.
- Attach voided check or deposit slip, if required.
- Submit the form.
What do employers need for direct deposit?
Setting up Direct Deposit to Receive Payments
- Bank account number.
- Routing number.
- Type of account (typically a checking account)
- Bank name and address—you can use any branch of the bank or credit union you use.
- Name(s) of account holders listed on the account.
How do I set up direct deposit on Paychex?
Add a Direct Deposit
- Click employee | Personal Information | Direct Deposit.
- Click Add a Direct Deposit. The Add/Edit Direct Deposit screen displays.
- Select the Percent of net pay, Fixed dollar amount, or Remainder of net pay in the Deposit Amount ($ or %): drop-down menu, then type the amount in the Deposit Amount ($ or %): field.