TransferWise and CurrencyFair tend to be the cheapest ways to send money internationally for amounts less than $7000 USD.
What is the cheapest way to send money internationally?
The best ways to send money internationally
- Your bank. Most U.S. banks offer money wire services, but they tend to be more expensive than digital services focused solely on money transfers.
- Western Union. Western Union may be one of the oldest ways outside of a bank to quickly send money to someone, but they’ve kept up with the times.
How do I transfer money internationally?
To make a transfer online, you’ll want to follow these steps:
- Find the wire transfer section on your bank’s website.
- Double check your online transfer limit.
- Enter the recipient’s bank details.
- Enter the amount and choose the currency you want for the recipient bank.
- Pay the transfer processing fee.
Does it cost to transfer money internationally?
Whenever you send money internationally, your bank will typically charge a fixed money transfer fee. If you’re using a money transfer service, some fees depend on how you’re sending the money, whether it’s from a funded account, a credit card, or a debit card. This percentage can range from 0.5% to 3.9%.
What is the cheapest way to send money to someone?
The Cheapest Ways to Send Money
- Square Cash. Square Cash lets you send funds from one checking account to another using debit cards.
- Facebook Messenger.
- Online Bill Pay.
- Write a Check.
- Bank P2P Payments.
- P2P Payment Services.
- Sending Online.
- Creating Accounts.